[Seaside] Installing seaside fresh squeak 4.3 image

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:22:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto
<casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I tried to install (for didactic purposes) seaside in a fresh
> squeak 4.3 image. The following script was used:
>
> Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.
>

> And, to my surprise, no ZnServer neither WAKom or other server was
> installed. Interesting enough, installation went smooth (no errors or other
> weird stuff except by the traditional 'version not found'). Guess some
> dependency went to limbo. In order to proceed I used a backup image some six
> months old for which installation went OK.

I don't know whether this is intentional or not, but is doesn't look
so bad. ZnServer AFAIK doesn't work on Squeak so it's correct that it
isn't loaded. There isn't really a need to backup, just manually

 [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/WebClient.html

Cheers
Philippe