[Seaside] Re: Help with JQuery example

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:39:00 UTC 2012

On 23/08/2012 6:53 PM, Bob Arning wrote:
> Well, now that you have the triggerSubmit in there, this seems to work:
>
> renderContentOnSqueakman3: html
>
> (html form)
>      id: #form;
>      with:
>          [html label with: 'Name'.
>          (html textInput)
>              id: #temp;
>              value: 'sample text'.
>
>          (html button beSubmit)
>              onClick: (html jQuery ajax
>                  callback: [:v | self halt]   "<=== this is never called"
>                  value: (html jQuery: #temp) value);
>
>              onClick: (html jQuery ajax script:           "<=== not needed"
>                  [:s | (s jQuery: #form) triggerSubmit]); "<== not needed"
>
>              callback: [self halt];    " non-ajax callback"
>              with: 'Pay >']

Yes, that does call the "non-ajax callback" but now the callback marked

      "<=== this is never called"

above is not called.

Also, it seems that with the beSubmit added, the two lines marked

     "<=== not needed"

are not needed.

I will keep plugging away at this and if I get a solution I will post it.

Thanks,
Frank