[Seaside] Pharo/Seaside as a back-end for a social media app

Oscar E A Callaú oalvarez at dcc.uchile.cl
Wed Aug 29 03:15:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

    I plan to build a social media app, initially targeted to iOS clients. I was wondering if pharo 1.4 and seaside 3.07/3.1 are enough for a back-end where at least these requirements are expected:

+ Rest communication (I can use Seaside-REST)
+ Media transmission, ie sending/retrieving Photos and Videos (What Seaside modules I can use for this?)
+ Database communication (I can use GlorpDBX)
+ Ouath2 authentification (??, I understand that CouldforkSSO is a client not a server)
+ Scalability, where I can easily grow from hundreds to thousands of clients.

Do you think Pharo could meet that requirements or I must use something less cool :-(, such as ruby on rails.

Thanks in advance. I'll really appreciate your comments.

Cheers

P.S.: Sorry, If you received this twice.