Upload an download of large files (Re: [Seaside] Serving files from within Seaside)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Dec 19 11:36:00 UTC 2012

Hi!

As a sidenote - I have patches for Kom/Network/Iliad to do chunkwise
reading and writing of files directly onto disk. This means it can serve
(or upload) 1Gb+ files without even a blink of an eye and no image
growth at all. I also wrote a little test script that hammers a server
and verifies all files comes through with correct md5 sums.

If someone is very interested in this I can send over the snapshots - I
did this for a customer and they want it released upstream. I can try to
take some time to merge it in, but then it will not be done "now", but
if someone else wants to look at it - just tell me, because I am pretty
busy right now.

regards, Göran