[Seaside] flyover popup content position

bobn at rogers.com bobn at rogers.com
Tue Feb 28 16:09:39 UTC 2012

Hello,
I'm trying to learn techniques for showing flyover content, where something pops up while your mouse moves over a component.
A common approach seems to be to build a hidden component and then use javascript to make it visible.
I've got that working, using code like this...

onMouseOver: (html jQuery ajax script: [:s |
s << (html jQuery id: flyoverId) cssAt: 'top' put: ((html jQuery id: cellId) positionTop).
s << (html jQuery id: flyoverId) cssAt: 'left' put: ((html jQuery id: cellId) positionLeft).
s << (html jQuery id: flyoverId) show]);
onMouseOut: (html jQuery ajax script: [:s | s << (html jQuery id: flyoverId) hide]);

...where 'cellId' is the id of a table cell. But this example shows the popup content over the table cell.

What I need next is to adjust the 'left' position by adding  '(html jQuery id: cellId) width' to the

positionLeft value. Easy enough to do with javascript, but how is this done with Seaside jQuery?

Also, are there other examples of how to show flyover content using Seaside jQuery?

And what about popup content that you can interact with? i.e. content that says rendered as you move your mouse over it.

Thanks for any help,
Bob