[Seaside] Re: ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:46:40 UTC 2012

grr sorry. That was a response to a quote

"In another use case, I'd like to serialize from one image, and
deserialize in another image - under end user control. The issue here is
that "nasty" code could be introduced: e.g. capture the Fuel output,
deserialize, add nasty code, re-serialize, then send onward for import
to image. Would it be possible to have some sort of "virus" filter?
Maybe something like the Star Trek transporter that can filter out nasty
stuff before re-materializing. :) For a start, maybe an inclusion list
and/or an exclusion list of classes and globals would be useful. "

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> hehehehe I culdn't resist it. I was reading:
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/serialization.html
> and I read:*
> "Like the Transporter on Star Trek, it's all about taking something
> complicated and turning it into a flat sequence of 1s and 0s, then taking
> that sequence of 1s and 0s (possibly at another place, possibly at another
> time) and reconstructing the original complicated "something." "*
>

> --

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com