[Seaside] What is the recommended setup to develop locally (on Mac OSX Lion) with Pharo and Seaside?

Helene Bilbo thereluctantprogrammer at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 8 19:06:59 UTC 2012

As long i was working without the possibility to upload files in my seaside
application i just worked with the seaside one-click image. Now i wonder
what is the best way to develop on a local machine when working with static
files - when on the server where the application will run later it will run
with apache like described in the book in chapter 22.3.

1) I read on the newsgroups that it is not recommended to work via RFB
directly on the real server (where the application will run later).
2) Is the best option a local installation of apache? How do I configure it
(on Mac OSX Lion)? Is it easy to migrate the application to the real server
(where the application will run later) this way?
3) Is it a good option to let the Pharo/Comanche Server do the serving of
static files while developing on the local machine? How do I configure it?
What do I have to change when i start uploading the application to the real
(where the application will run later) server?

I know this has been asked on the newsgroups many times and there were many
answers - but for a beginner like me with no prior experience in
(web)developing thats the biggest obstacle up to now.. A small tutorial for
this task would be very welcome on the seaside homepage or in the book.

Best regards, Helene.