[Seaside] Test stack

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Jan 8 21:30:07 UTC 2012

SeasideTesting [1] in Squeak/Pharo works for simulated browser testing. The external browser testing (which allows to test your javascript as well) only works in the David's original Visualworks version.
If anybody wants to fix the port to Pharo/Squeak for that part, you are welcome. Mind that some stuff is already working but I have chosen another route: Webtester [2]. WebTester is a Smalltalk binding for Selenium RC [3].

Since a couple of months, I have been tampering with the development of a binding for Webdriver, which is the successor of Selenium RC. I do not have anything too concrete yet, but I think it's the most viable option for the future. If anybody is interested to help out, you're welcome too ;-)

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideTesting
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/WebTester/
[3] http://seleniumhq.org/