[Seaside] Re: HTML generation for people who know HTML?

Stefan Scholl stesch at no-spoon.de
Fri Jan 20 08:11:54 UTC 2012

Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2012, at 16:40, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> We like readable names and the auto-completer good enough to type most
>> extra characters anyway.
>
> +100
>
> To demonstrate this to a co-developer, I once changed the
> implementation of a render method to use the html tag names
> instead of the Seaside render method names.
> The html tag names are _not_ readable when used as Smalltalk method names.
>
> The Seaside rendering methods are something that one gets used
> to in less than a day. Moreover, they are all implemented on
> the WARenderCanvas hierarchy, which makes it easy to search for
> a correct method when you are looking for something.

I am new to Smalltalk and Seaside. You should do it my way. ;-)

OK, I'll try to ignore the friction I'm feeling right now. At
least I'm only seeing small parts of the whole page at any time.
Just like I only see small parts of the whole program, compared
to other programming languages.

Halos help me find which part of the page is reponsible in case I
find some ugly looking layout errors.

OK, I'll deal with it.