[Seaside] How do you programmatically set the root class??

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Jan 29 21:30:56 UTC 2012

Lawrence,

If #canBeRoot returns true, it just means that its class is made visible in the configuration tool.

Some more detail can be found in the seaside book:
http://book.seaside.st/book/getting-started/cincom-smalltalk/component/registering

Also, don't forget you can poke around in the image figure out what stuff means. This is how I usually start out.
The comment in the WAComponent>>#canBeRoot (abstract) method explains what overriders are supposed to do.
You can also check on that by looking for all senders of the message. That reveals that the sender are all in the configuration tool and tests.

cheers
Johan