[Seaside] loading Seaside 3.0.6.3 in Pharo 1.4

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:46:23 UTC 2012

2012/1/29 Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com>:
> Esteban,
>
> If it were me, I'd isolate the specific changes in two new packages:
>
>  KomHttpServerPortability.common
>  KomHttpServerPortability.pharo14
>
> existing implementation in the common branch and the Pharo1.4 changes in the pharo14 branch.
>
> I've attached a new version of the configuration that creates a new baseline and version with the necessary changes ...
>
> As other posters have mentioned #trimBoth could be used, but currently Kom does not depend upon Grease, so I would be curious whether other users of Kom would all of a sudden want Grease included in the image ... I'm not the Kom maintainer so I would choose to create the Portability package with the two branches as the the least impactful change ...
>
> TranscriptStream is currently not managed with Grease and it could be, but then Grease doesn't have any Pharo1.4 specific packages either (yet....)...

AFAIK KomLight doesn't have these issues. KomLight is a much smaller
code base with no dependencies (KomServices, DynamicBindings) and
should work just fine. In Pharo 1.4 switching to Zinc is attractive
because you already have most of the parts in the image. IMHO it would
therefore be best to replace Kom with KomLight.

Cheers
Philippe