[Seaside] Re: WATask and browser re-direct

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:30:12 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 3:40 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Maybe you should explain a bit more on what you are doing. It seems a little strange to me to call a component to do a redirect.
> Maybe we can help a bit more.

I am trying to use PayPal.  PayPal has the following flow:
1. Call PayPal to start a payment - PayPal returns a token which is to
be used in the next step.
2. From within the same web browser as in Step 1, redirect the web
browser to a new PayPal url.

I have this sequence implemented in MyWATask which looks like:

MyWATask>>go
   | payPalToken |
   payPalToken := self call: PayPalStep1.
   self call:( PayPalStep2 new token: payPalToken).
   self halt.

PayPalStep2>>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
   anHtmlRoot meta redirectAfter: 2 to: 'http://www.somePlaceElse.com'

What I want to happen is to have PayPalStep2 do do the redirect and then
somehow do an #answer: so that control can go back to MyWaTask>>go and
hopefully execute the "self halt".

I hope this explanation sheds some light on what I am trying to do.

Thanks for you hints on using show:  I will experiment with that.

Regards,
Frank