[Seaside] How to convert a 1.4 Pharo Seaside image so that it will work with seasidehosting.st

Mark Andrew mark.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 20:31:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

after a few weeks of hacking on my first seaside app using Pharo 1.4 (Mac
OS), I was sad to read the following when I tried to deploy it to
seasidehosting,st:

>This interpreter (vers. 6502) cannot read image file (vers. 6505)<http://www.seasidehosting.st/?_k=EpVtWsau&_s=SFvPOPOjbBssqWAp#>... with the additional explanation:

>Your image was previously saved by a JIT VM (Cog, Squeak5.x).
>Due technical reasons, we're currently unable to support such images.
>Try building your application using a Squeak 3.x/4.x VM.

My problem is that there are so many versions of Squeak out there and so
many different ways of getting Seaside, and so far none of them have worked
for me (e.g. "ConfigurationOfSeaside30 load" fails). I google and google
and feel I am drifting further away from my goal.

What is the simplest way for me (e.g. what is available on the internet now
in July 2012) to convert the image? Preferably on a Mac, although I have
Virtualboxes for XP and Ubuntu as well.

Thanks in advance

Mark