[Seaside] Anyone familiar wityh PCIDSS?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:45:53 UTC 2012

I don't know.  It would be good to know. Hopefully there's a way to
learn without going through an audit first.

Here are some ideas about ways to store it that may get around the issue:

1.  Use a MySQL (or whatever) database on another machine to store the
credit card info.

2.  Use Braintree's Vault product
(https://www.braintreepayments.com/tour/vault) which just stores the
info safely in a payment processor agnostic way.

3.  Use Stripe (http://www.stripe.com) if you don't have a merchant
account or don't need one yet.   I've made a Pharo/Gemstone package
here: http://www.squeaksource.com/Stripe.html I think they charge 2.9% +
$0.30 per transaction

4.  Maybe putting your externally facing webserver (e.g. apache) on
another machine and referring to your Pharo/Gemstone installations as
the app server/ database server is enough for separation of concerns.