[Seaside] JSON REST in VisualWork Seaside

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Sat Jul 28 00:07:12 UTC 2012

I have an existing Seaside app using Seaside 3.0 in VisualWork 7.x (it works in VW7.7 through VW7.9). I want to add a REST component to return JSON. The Seaside-REST packages don't ship with VW. I did find them on the cincom repository but they do not seem to work (a lot of exceptions). I also came across James Robertson's old video on RESTful services in Seaside but that approach also does not seem to work anymore (I get JSON in a web page).

Does anyone have REST working in Seaside 3 in VisualWorks? Not clear if I am missing something simple?

I can always use the VW WebToolKit to server my REST service, but would like to know if it is possible in Seaside using VW.

Roger Whitney              Department of Computer Science
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720