[Seaside] JSON REST in VisualWork Seaside

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Sat Jul 28 00:07:12 UTC 2012

I have an existing Seaside app using Seaside 3.0 in VisualWork 7.x (it works in VW7.7 through VW7.9). I want to add a REST component to return JSON. The Seaside-REST packages don't ship with VW. I did find them on the cincom repository but they do not seem to work (a lot of exceptions). I also came across James Robertson's old video on RESTful services in Seaside but that approach also does not seem to work anymore (I get JSON in a web page).

Does anyone have REST working in Seaside 3 in VisualWorks? Not clear if I am missing something simple?

I can always use the VW WebToolKit to server my REST service, but would like to know if it is possible in Seaside using VW.

----
Roger Whitney              Department of Computer Science
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720