[Seaside] JSON REST in VisualWork Seaside

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sat Jul 28 15:29:05 UTC 2012

Regarding porting code between VW and the Monticello family (Squeak/Pharo/GemStone) you could try using a combination of STIG[1] and FileTree[3]. STIG is a VW implementation of the Cypress package format[2]. FileTree is a (Squeak/Pharo/GemStone) implementation of the Cypress package format.

Cypress writes packages to disk, so git/github can be used for managing the shared source code. If you go this route you'll be able to feedback bugfixes from the VW side and easily import new updates to your VW implementation from the FileTree side ...

It's probably easier to go this route...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/CampSmalltalk/STIG
[2] https://github.com/CampSmalltalk/Cypress/blob/master/README.md
[3] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree