[Seaside] how to hold an attribute in a variable?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Tue Jul 31 13:31:20 UTC 2012

Hi Malte,

Do not confuse script generation with script execution.
You are indeed passing the generated script as an argument to the #tRId message.

What you need to do is to execute this script on the client and pass the resulting value back to the server. This is how to do it:

html jQuery ajax
	callback: [:value | self tRId: value]
	value: (((html jQuery id: id) closest: 'tr') attributes: 'id')

cheers
Johan