[Seaside] JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi at tiscali.it dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 11 15:01:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Hi Dario,
>
> It sounds like a CSS and JS issue and not a Seaside issue.
>
> Provide the list with code that reproduces your issue so someone in their free time can look and see whats wrong.  Try creating an example that someone can easily load into an image and try things.  I won't be any help because I don't have Safari.

OK,  I attached two Monticello Package.

	The first is a		 JQuery-Extensions-NickAger.2.mcz    with code for manage JQDialog  call.

	The last 		JQGoogleMapTest-DTR.1.mcz		 is  my code to test  the standard call and the JQDialog call of a GMDraggableMarkers.

Prerequisites are:	  JQ  support 		  and  GoogleMaps support 	from:    'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GoogleMaps'

In summary the problem is related to the management of the example  GMDraggableMarkers.

When i call it with traditional call:  aGMDraggableMarkers 		it works fine with  all browsers.

When i call it with 	 jqDialog:   aGMDraggableMarkers			it works fine  only with the Firefox browser.

		with Safari and Chrome :

			When you move the marker you lose the control of the marker .
		 No infoWindow is open at the end of marker moving.

I don't test Windows browser.

> It looks like you have a CSS issue that comes up in Safari (did you try Chrome? may happen there too) but not Firefox.

I test with Chrome 19.0.1084.56.

It don't work fine and reports the same errors of Safari ( View ******** at the end of this e-mail ).

> That isn't really Seaside specific.  You can probably play with your CSS settings to make it go away or search on google for others who've had the same issue.
>
> You can google for "cross browser functional testing" and get lots of results.  There is also the search capability on the http://forum.world.st site that may point you to ideas of what people do when using Seaside.
>
> As for the "readyState == 4  but xhr.status == 0" error that is definitely a javascript error and googleable. see:
> https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readyState%20%3D%3D%204%20%3E%3E%20but%20xhr.status%20%3D%3D%200
>

> Good luck
>
> Paul

Thanks for any idea and consideration about this

 and how manage google map with seaside.

	Dario

************************ This consideration, i think,  are important ************************************