[Seaside] Problem loading Seaside 3.0 in Pharo 1.4

Andrés Fortier andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Thu Jun 14 13:46:39 UTC 2012

Hi list,
        I'm trying to load Seaside 3.0 in Pharo 1.4. As stated in the
Pharo Smalltalk section of seaside.st I use:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.

and after a while I get a wallback (screen attached) and an unresponsive
image. Here is the last part of the Pharo log:

--- The full stack ---
CompiledMethod(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #actualClass
PackageInfo>>addMethod:
RPackageOrganizer>>systemMethodAddedActionFr[action cull: anAnnouncement
cull: announcer] in AnnouncementSubscription>>deliver:
BlockClo[Processor term[Processor termi[:ex |
| copy [:ex |
| copy onDoCtx process handler bottom thisCtx |
onDoCtx := thisContext.
        thisC[:ex |
| copy onDoCtx process handler bottom thisCtx |
onDoCtx := thisContext.
        thisCtx := onDoCtx home.
        [onDoCtx sender == thisCtx]
                whileFalse: [onDoCtx := onDoCtx sender.
                        onDoCtx
                                ifNil: [^ handlerAction cull: ex]].
        bottom := [Processor terminateActive] asContext.
        onDoCtx privSender: bottom.
        handler := [handlerAction cull: ex] asContext.
        handler privSender: thisContext sender.
        (Process forContext: handler priority: Processor activePriority)
resume.
        thisContext privSender: thisCtx.
        nil] in BlockClosure>>on:fork:

hisContext privSender: thisCtx.
        nil] in BlockClosure>>on:fork:

----------------------
teActiv[Pro[[[:t3 |
| t4 t5 t6[:ex |
| copy onDo[:ex |
|[:ex [:ex |
| copy o[:ex |
|[:ex |
| copy onDoCtx process handler bottom [:ex |
| cop[:ex |
| co[:ex | [:[:ex |
| copy onDoCtx process handler bottom thisCtx |
onDoCtx := thisContext.
        thisCtx := onDoCtx home.
        [onDoCtx sender == th[:ex |

------

--

As far as I can remember the only packages added to the vanilla Pharo
image are the Nautilus browser and the Tiling Window Manager. I'm
running Ubuntu 10.10.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrés