[Seaside] answer: and jQuery

Malte Grunwald malte.grunwald at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:59:41 UTC 2012

Hello everybody.

My problem:

I  am working with a JQDialog and when the "okay" button is clicked, I
want to use a /callback:/ and /answer:/ to get back to the /go /method
in my Task class.

Example:

/renderOptionsOn: html id: anIdString width: anInteger
     (html div)
         id: anIdString;
         script: (((html jQuery id: anIdString) dialog)
                     title: 'test';
                     autoOpen: false;
                     modal: true;
                     width: anInteger;
                     height: 'auto';
                     resizable: false;
                     addButton: 'Okay'
                         do: (html jQuery ajax script:
                                     [:s |
<< (s jQuery id: anIdString , 'form') serialize;
<< (s jQuery id: #Settings) dialog close;
<< (s jQuery ajax callback: [self answer: self something])]);
                     addButton: (self textAt: #CancelTx) do: html jQuery
new dialog close);

         with:
                 [self
                     renderInputsOn: html
                     commands: self settings
                     id: anIdString,'test']/

I read a comment of Lukas Renggli from 2010, it says it is not possible
to /answer: /from jQuery is this still up to date?
Does anyone have an idea how I can solve the problem?

Thank you!

Regards