[Seaside] WARequestContextNotFound - where to look for a context?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 15 17:34:28 UTC 2012

I am trying to create anchors that will "dynamically" serve pdf documents.  The archive in question is way too big for a FileLibrary and a separate web server is probably overkill since I intend to do all of this locally and would rather not have to run Apache on the machines in question (security paranoia or laziness, take your pick<g>) .  So, I was hoping to create mime documents on the fly.

I found suggestions such as:

    component session requestContext respond:[ :response |
        response
            document:self getPdfBytes
            mimeType: 'application/pdf'
            fileName: 'seaside-test.pdf';
            doNotCache

I don't see #getPdfBytes, but suspect I can wing it given the file names in anchors.

The problem is that everything I ask for a requestContext feigns ignorance.  I can't even get #session because of the same error.  I am using Seaside 3 from the Pharo 1.3 image and Seaside downstream project.

Any suggestions?

Bill