[Seaside] Accessing the Post body/content from an, expired/cached page before initialRequest

Ramshreyas ramshreyas.rao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:36:39 UTC 2012

"WARequest>>   #fields / #queryFields /  #postFields should work if you're using Comanche.."

Have succesfully made it work with a plain (non-seaside-served) html page using a Get method: (I could've used updateUrl but it serves my purpose to deliver that menu page statically anyway).

Will get to work on the post method as you suggest soon.

But in the current scenario (statically served page with Get method), new question:

each incoming get request from my static page is treated as a new session - so if a user performs multiple transactions, each is traeated as a new session, requiring multiple logins, etc.

Is it possible to 'pass' control back to the initial session?

I can get the user's IP address with:

nativeRequest  :=  self  session  currentRequest  nativeRequest
ipAddress  :=  nativeRequest  remoteAddress.

Do you think I should use the announcements framework which I dimly grok...

Only want direction, will do the leg work myself...