[Seaside] Best-practices/ architectural patters for business apps

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:50:14 UTC 2012

Am 23. März 2012 12:49 schrieb Stefan Krecher <stefan.krecher at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
> i'd like to know if there are some best-practices/ patterns for
> seaside application architectures.
> I've been working in JEE Projects in the last approx 10 years - and
> there we've got a lot architectural best-practices.
> Is there some kind of MVC-Framework like Spring etc in the Java-World?

Like Spring IoC or Spring WebMWC? Seaside-REST is similar to JAX-RS or
Spring WebMWC without views. I'm not aware of anything like Spring
IoC.

> How are Transactions handled?

Not at all / specific to the persistence backend you're using. There's
nothing like @Transactional / @TransactionAttribute.

> Do we have ejb-like components like stateless or stateful session beans?

Nope.

> Or should this not be a seaside-specific question?

Seaside compares closed to something like Wicket or Tapestry (without
the injection) and maybe JSF. There are parts of it that map pretty
closely to JAX-RS / servlets / servlet filters but that's about it. It
doesn't contain any (non-GUI) component framework, persistence
framework, IoC container.

Cheers
Philippe