[Seaside] Making generated links more understandable

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:19:26 UTC 2012

Am 26. März 2012 19:06 schrieb Lawrence Kellogg <mac.hive at me.com>:
> Thanks Lukas and Phillipe.
>
>  It looks like this:
>
> updateUrl: aUrl
>        super updateUrl: aUrl.
>        aUrl addToPath: self class name
>
> will give me what I want. What do you think?

You probably don't want to do this for every component. You may want
to exclude components that appear multiple times on a page and
"insignificant" ones (like footer or side bar).

> Any drawbacks to doing this?

If you're on GemStone IIRC class names are Symbols and not Strings
like in Pharo (or was it the other way around?). And symbols are not
subtypes of strings, at least not on every platform. So you might want
to do:

 aUrl addToPath: self class name greaseString

Cheers
Philippe