[Seaside] Zinc as static file server

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Sat May 12 07:52:34 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

On 12 May 2012, at 02:57, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> I added  the ability to specify Cache-Control headers for static files served by Zinc and added an API to the ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor that allows you to use the defaults or provide a custom specification.

Thanks for the contribution (again).

Yes, this is useful, having an expiration time per mime-type seems a bit heavy, but OK.

BTW, we (or I) definitively need to add If-Modified-Since and 304 Not Modified behavior to  ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor.

And I know that you know, but let me repeat that in production situations you definitively have to let apache or nginx serve the statis files, to take load of Seaside.

Your hack in ZnSeasideStaticServerAdaptorDelegate>>#handleRequest: lets Seaside first try and make an error before you consider static file serving, this almost defeats the purpose of not doing it by Seaside itself. Just a hunch, I haven't tested or benchmarked this.

But I know you want this for easier development setup, and it is instructive code for others as well.

Thanks again,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe