[Seaside] Zinc Callback Limit

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:18:54 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 12:22 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
> Although the exact number of fields/callbacks needed seems to vary. I arrived at 256 by a binary search.
>
> Unfortunately that's as far as I've got:).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Other than increasing the limit like Sven suggests if you can use jQuery
you could:

1. In your component create a callback dictionary in an inst var with a
randomly chosen id # as the key and each checkbox's callback as the value.
2. Assign the id # as the html id for the checkbox.
3. Set a onclick handler on a div that contains the checkboxes that
posts the callback id # when it is clicked and triggers just one
callback in your seaside app.
4. have the container div callback in your seaside app lookup which
checkbox callback to run from the dictionary in step 1 and run the
checkbox callback.