[Seaside] MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader: with Pharo 1.4

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri May 18 17:16:10 UTC 2012

On 18 May 2012, at 18:32, Helene Bilbo wrote:

> Hello,
> i tried the Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image from Pharo's Jenkins Server and have
> the problem that I can’t start a ZnZincServerAdaptor.
> When i try to start one via the Seaside Control panel nothing happens at
> all,
> and when i evaluate:
> ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
> i get this error:
> MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader:
> Is there an „official“ Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image?
> Helene.

The problem is that the Seaside adaptor code is more recent than the Zinc implementation in Pharo 1.4

#reader: was recently added.

You could try loading the lastest Zinc code manually, that should fix the problem.

I will request an official update of Zn in Pharo 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0 later this week.

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Smalltalk is the Red Pill