[Seaside] JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi at tiscali.it dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Thu May 31 14:03:48 UTC 2012

Thank Paul,

	i do some test to understand what generating the problem.

	I work with GMDraggavleMarkers   with this rendering method set to:

	renderContentOn: aCanvas

	aCanvas div
		id: mapID;
		style: self mapStyle;
		with: [].

		aCanvas document addLoadScript: 'if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { ' , self loadScript , '}'.

Where 	loadScript 	method   is:

	^'
	var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("' , self mapID , '"));
	var center = new GLatLng' , self gemstoneLatLong , ';
	map.setCenter(center, 13);
	var marker = new GMarker(center, {draggable: true});
	GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() { map.closeInfoWindow(); });
	GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() { marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); });
	map.addOverlay(marker);
	'.

	When i rendering it with 		self call:  GMDraggavleMarkers new		all work fine

		a) the map is rendering ok

		b) the move   of the marker inside the canvas open and close the infoWindow.

		c) when  i move the marker, but the mouse out the map canvas, the moving of the background map in the map canvas  ending

	When i rendering it with		self jqDialog:  GMDraggavleMarkers new	i found this :

		a) the map is rendering ok

		b) the marker is rendering but the move of it  inside the map canvas  don't  generating  the open- close of infoWindow

		c) when i move the marker and the mouse go  outside the map canvas, the movement of the background map in the map canvas goes on

		d) when i move the marker outside the map canvas ( at top and right side ) and release the mouse immediately   the infoWindow is open

		e) after some situation when i move  the background  map directly ( not move  the marker  but the background map  )  the infoWindow  is open after any movement

> Does #jqDialog: use ajax to load the dialog?  If so the onLoad event won't be fired.  I've not used google maps with the jQuery dialog but if there is a place where it uses #addLoadScript: you should try to change that to just #script: and see if that helps.

I do some test with your indication but

 change the:

			 aCanvas document addLoadScript: 'if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { ' , self loadScript , '}'.

		with:

			  aCanvas script: 	 self loadScript

generating some background  map misalignment .

My idea of the problem is relative to the

	map.addOverlay(marker);

	i think it go in 'confusion' when rendering on other level.

Thanks for any idea on how to solve the problem.

	Dario