[Seaside] HTML5 and RenderLoopContinuation

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 10:08:24 UTC 2012

Hi

I just played with Seaside and HTML5,
however, the resulting html is not HTML5 compatible.
The validator says
	Line 2, Column 249: Bad value Content-Script-Type for attribute http-equiv on element meta.

which is the result of

WARenderLoopContinuation>>updateRoot:
	"…"
	anHtmlRoot meta contentScriptType: WAMimeType textJavascript.
	anHtmlRoot htmlAttributes
		at: 'xmlns' put: 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml';
		at: 'xml:lang' put: 'en';
		at: 'lang' put: 'en'.
	"…"

The content script type is incorrect as of HTML5.
(see answer here:
	http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6320084/why-is-meta-http-equiv-content-script-type-mostly-unused#8864160
).
Also, 'xml:lang' is accepted for compatibility only, and 'xmlns' is incorrect for
HTML5 too (while silently ignored).

Long story short, can we optionalize this part?
I can work around the xml:lang and xmlns-attributes in a
subsequent #updateRoot: but I cannot undo the content script
type without editing WARenderLoopContinuation>>updateRoot:

If you want to, I can try to come up with something.

Best
	-tobias