[Seaside] slow picture loading

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sun Nov 25 23:24:31 UTC 2012

Thanks. But, somehow, I think size is not really the issue.

Somehow randomly, one or two of the pictures take significantly more (the delta is measured in seconds) to load than the others.

And yes, I am using the timeline debugging functionality from the browser.

It's strange.

Doru

On 24 Nov 2012, at 10:26, Gerhard Obermann <obi068 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>
> I would reduce the image size to the displayed size and reduce the bit depth of the png to 8.
> I tried it with home-icons-400-200-37.png.
> Before: 31.092 Bytes
> After: 7.678 Bytes
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard
>

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a pier page, and I have a couple of images in it that seem to be slow to load, although they are served through apache.
>
> It is true that the images are slightly large (~230K), but still I think they appear too slow.
>
> The example is here:
> http://www.humane-assessment.com/
>
> Anyone has any idea of why this would happen?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Live like you mean it."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."