[Seaside] persisting across redirect..

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:23:43 UTC 2012

On 10/01/2012 10:39 AM, sergio_101 wrote:
>> Can you store the oAuth code in an inst var in the user?
>
> dangit.. okay.. how to persist the user across the two different calls?

In my session initialization method I create a new instance of my user
model and store it in the session.  If the person interacting with my
app during that session authenticates I replace the session user with
their user info that I've stored for that person as described here:

http://forum.world.st/Best-practices-available-for-Seaside-Gemstone-tp2721023p2901998.html

If they sign up instead I store the new instance of the user model with
their info as described above.

If they never sign up or authenticate the new user instance just gets
garbage collected eventually.