[Seaside] seeking an example of a Seaside database query UI

Diego Lont diego.lont at delware.nl
Tue Oct 2 07:36:30 UTC 2012

Hi Craig,

In Deltawerken we have the possibility to search our objects. In storyboard there is a simple example on the SBProjectTeamPage, where we render the search panel to find another user to invite.
We have three search components that can help us here:
	> DEFastSearchComponent: this component searches for a string in all fields.
	> DEDetailedSearchComponent allows the user to enter a value for each field.
	> DEIndirectSearchComponent allows the user to search in sub objects. I.E. to search for a user that has a project that ...

These search components should be placed on a search panel, that combines the search components (you might want to combine a detailed and a indirect search or use this to layout the search fields).

The results are either returned (when you call the search panel) or you should use the resultsBlock, that has 1 parameter: the results. The results are always an array of all objects that satisfy the search criteria.

By default most searches are a "substring" search that can be overridden per field (i.e. the number field only responds to an exact match by default)

Deltawerken is designed to work on a Pharo and Gemstone, so it should work on Gemstone without a problem. Your objects need to describe their fields in order to be used by deltawerken.

I hope this helps to get you started,

Stephan and Diego