[Seaside] WATask, anyone?

Lawrence Kellogg mac.hive at me.com
Sun Sep 16 14:23:33 UTC 2012

On Sep 16, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM, SebastianHC
> <sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm currently starting a new project and it seems like Pharo and Seaside are
>> part of it.
>>
>> I follow the community and did some prototyping since the early beginnings
>> of Seaside.
>>
>> But there's one thing I'm really wondering about!
>> Why is WATask so rearly used and mentioned?
>
> Maybe because you can get the same functionality with a method or
> block and #call: without having to create a class.

  I used a WATask to handle the login logic for www.practicemusic.com, but after login all of the other views are shown with a call:, like this;

go
	| user component |
	self call: self userLoginView.
	(self userLoginView user) notNil
		ifTrue: [
			component := self firstComponentToDisplayForUser: self userLoginView user.
			[ component notNil ]
				whileTrue: [
					self call: component.
					component := component nextComponentToBeDisplayed ] ]

I'll have to think about whether I could use WATask for some sophisticated workflow/notification processing in my system.

Regards,

  Larry Kellogg