[Seaside] [Ann] Deltawerken & Storyboard

Diego Lont diego.lont at delware.nl
Mon Sep 17 11:01:20 UTC 2012

On Sep 15, 2012, at 11:10 PM, intrader wrote:

> Stephan Eggermont <stephan <at> stack.nl> writes:
>
> I like to start with the basics. What is the basic architecture of
> a DeltaWerken application. I can see in the configuration what is the
> starting class, but other than that it is hard.
> What are the widgets that use AJAX?
The widgets switch to AJAX, if you have an updater. An updater is automatically created if you have a validator. This may be an empty validator. The idea is that the widgets only use AJAX if they need to.

> In my applications I see a lot of use of announcements, specially in
> dependent widgets; one scenario, a 'loanType' widget, when it changes,
> the tab changes. Within the tab a slider receives a range according to
> the loantype, according to the loantype a listbox of possible loans is
> displayed. According to the slider one or more loans in the multiselection
> loan list are default chosen. Changes to the loan selected change the
> position in the slider, and that of interest information list-only text
> fields.
I believe in StoryBoard there are no examples of this, but you can set updater of a Field. This allows you to redraw a larger part of your page. The provided updater (DEUpdater), allows you to set an id and an updateBlock.

In another application (commercial, so no code example) we have made a Field that dependent on the value, showed one or more other fields. I will try to add this "ConditionalFieldList"  to the framework this week. I have to check if this still works.

I hope this will help. Also we will continue on our "introduction mails" to Deltawerken.