[Seaside] problems installing pier/apache2

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Thu Sep 20 11:18:18 UTC 2012

Hi Tobias,

Thanks. But, the problem is not there. /srv/web is empty.

Somehow, it seems that there is another lookup before the request goes
to the below apache config. And I do not know what this is.

I tried to dig a bit more, and I found that the page resides somewhere
inside /var/www/vhosts/. The question is how to bypass this lookup?

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 20.09.2012 um 06:57 schrieb Tudor Girba:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am forwarding the message here given that the problem is not Pier specific.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>

>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>  # set serer name
>>  ProxyPreserveHost On
>>  ServerName www.example.com
>>
>>  # connfigure static file serving
>>  DocumentRoot /srv/web
>>  <Directory /srv/web>
>>    Order deny,allow
>>    Allow from all
>>  </Directory>
>>
>>  # rewrite incoming requests
>>  RewriteEngine On
>>  RewriteRule ^/pier(.*)$ http://www.example.com$1 [redirect,last]
>>  RewriteRule ^/files/(.*)$ http://localhost:8081/files/$1 [proxy,last]
>>  RewriteCond /srv/web/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>
> This rewrite condition makes sure that any existing file is tried before
> Going on to that rule:
>>  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8081/pier/$1 [proxy,last]
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> Long sotry short, if /srv/web contains an index.html, it will be served,
> and your proxy rule won't be tried.
> Try removing the index.html ;)
>
> Best

www.tudorgirba.com