[Seaside] True headless possible ?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 02:29:12 UTC 2013

On 6 April 2013 03:41, Pierce Ng <pierce at netmemetic.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 08:32:42PM +0200, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
>> And another question. Will Squeak/Pharo run under a true headless Linux
>> system without any X or stuff like this ???
>
> Yes, using VNC into the image. Pharo 1.4 on Debian 6, no X.
>
> See http://samadhiweb.com/blog/2012.11.04.headless.rfb.html
>
> (That's my infrequently posted blog.)

Please suggest the change to Pharo mailing list.
I think best would be to create a configuration to RFB and add your patch
into "pharo-compat" package. So, then when you load RFB, you will get
what you want.
Or otherwise, change the ui manager selection mechanism, to let tools like RFB
 influence the selection.

In any case, i'd like to point that i'm not happy with status quo, and
sure thing when i introduced
NonInteractiveUIManager, i had no intent of leaving RFB behind the gates.

> Pierce

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.