[Seaside] [ANN] Pharo VM packages and PPA for Ubuntu

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:51:36 UTC 2013

Dear Pharo and Ubuntu users,

Nicolas Petton and I are proud to announce Ubuntu packages for the
Pharo VM. Installing the pharo vm is now just a matter of:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cassou/pharo
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pharo-vm

With this package, you get:

- the latest pharo vm as a 'pharo' binary in the PATH
- all plugins and libraries (native boost, freetype, ssl, ...)
- file association so you can just double-click on pharo images
- pharo icons visible everywhere (on image files, on ALT+TAB...)
- PharoV10.sources and PharoV20.sources

Please fill bug reports on https://pharo.fogbugz.com.

This package is currently only available for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal.
Fill a bug report if you want me to package it for another version of
Ubuntu.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st