[Seaside] JQAjax and done/fail/always

jtuchel jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Tue Apr 9 07:41:25 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I just stumbled upon a few strange effects with Callbacks in the context of
Ajax calls coming back to my Seaside Server in an unexpected (and illogical
order). I had been using the complete: parameter of an ajax.

The solution was to replace this code in my plugin:

  "url": options.url,
  "data": [
  "complete": drawTarget(),

with this code:

  "url": options.url,
  "data": [

It seems like Seaside's JQAjax does not yet support/wrapper the
done/fail/always methods of $.ajax.
Since I am using VA Smalltalk, I do not have the latest Seaside Version, but
some derivative of 3.0.6. I wanted to check with Seaside 3.1, but I cannot
load it into Pharo 2.0, so I thought I'd ask on this list:

Are there plans to support these Deferred-methods in Seaside (JQAjax, and
maybe others) 3.1? Has anybody implemented a way to append these methods to
$.ajax? I feel a bit helpless here...
I could solve the problem in my plugin on JS directly, but there are places
where I'd like to use .always() within code that's rendered by Seaside...

Thanks for answering