[Seaside] self requestContext request remoteAddress always 127.0.0.1

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Apr 11 15:35:37 UTC 2013

Sabine,

if you have a normal setup that would mean you use a front-end web server that accepts requests and forward them to the smalltalk image. In this case the connection would go from 127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.1 so the information you are requesting is valid. In this case it is also common that the front-end server writes the originating IP address in a http header. Have a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Forwarded-For

Then I would advize to have a look at the headers of the request in

self requestContext request headers

to find any header containing the information you are looking for in case it is not the one above.

Norbert