[Seaside] self requestContext request remoteAddress always 127.0.0.1

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sat Apr 13 12:20:15 UTC 2013

Am 13.04.2013 um 13:49 schrieb Sabine Knöfel <sabine.knoefel at gmail.com>:

> Hi Johann,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> I use the  "x-forwarded-for" entry header dict, which was suggested by
> Norbert.

Just a little note. The X-Fowarded-For header is a list of IPs. The idea is that every proxy/server that mangels the request is added to the list of IPs. So if you do

($, split: (headerString  copyWithout: Character space)) first

you get the first IP which should be the client. I think in most cases you'll find a single ip but the above is more safe.

The proposal of Johan is to use nginx as a helper to ease this process. By using the real ip module in nginx the server selects one address from available sources and sets a specific header. Might be a good idea to use it that way. At least I can find in my server configs the exact same line that Johan proposed. And that means he stole it from server. Damn you, belgian hacker!

Norbert