[Seaside] changing how many continuations are cached

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Thu Apr 18 00:01:41 UTC 2013

Paul,

If you are using GemStone, both caches (WASession and WARegistry) use WARcLastAccessExpiryPolicy (by default) which is strictly a time-based expiration policy...

These changes for GemStone were made in December of 2009 for WARegistry (probably in an attempt to address Ken's problem) and in 2011 for WASession (to complete the job ... probably to fix commit conflict issues) ... so you should only be seeing session timeouts ...

WALeastRecentlyUsedExpiryPolicy is the expiry policy that uses a counter and the default age for that policy is WACacheCapacityConfiguration. The default age is 20, and you can edit code change the default .... or you can use the configuration editor, but I just don't remember the incantations that it takes to change the value (does the default have to be changed in both places?)

Dale