[Seaside] Is there a sane way to make seaside config edits (like custom session) programatically?

Thomas Hartman thomas at standardcrypto.com
Tue Aug 20 07:12:22 UTC 2013

I am following the cincom seaside tutorial at

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial1

There are a couple of points in the tutorial where you do some manual
tweaks to the seaside config at localhost:7777/cofngif. There's a
tweak for a custom session, a tweak for including some javascript
libraries, and maybe a few other minor things. I would like to do
these tweaks programmatically rather than by hand edits. If this is
"not a good thing" to want, please tell me I'm barking up the wrong
tree, and I'll keep doing the hand edits thing. But if doing this more
automatedly is reasonable, I would love to know how.

Instructions for the manual way, from tutorial documentation, which
includes copious screenshots of the manual tweaks...

custom session config:

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial5

custom javascript library config:

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial8

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas.

VisualWorks® Personal Use Edition, 7.9 of May 11, 2012

Seaside-All Version '3.0 - 8' of 4/13/12 11:03:09 AM