[Seaside] WAUrl class>>#decodePercent:

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Thu Aug 22 05:26:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just stumbled across a problem when processing an Ajax callback for a
specialized autocompleter. I get a server side "Index out of range" if I
enter a String ending with $% into the textInput (which I have to
supress anyways, but that is another story).

The problem is in WAUrl class>>#decodePercent: . the method doesn't
check if the percent character is the last in the url string.

You can recreate the problem by evaluating

WAUrl decodePercent: 'abc%'

Please note that in Pharo 2.0 I get another exception (receiver of
asUpppercase is nil), but still this doesn't work. So I guess my code (
I am using VA Smalltalk and its older version of Seaside) would also
fail on the current stable Seaside version.

CU,

Joachim

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg 		     http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1