[Seaside] Configuring Zinc & Seaside to listen 127.0.0.1 only

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 19:20:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I tried to start the server as per your instructions, but something
didn't work as expected. I'm getting a HTTP 500 response when trying
to access an REST API (WaRestfulHandler subclass).

| server wsServer adaptor |
server := ZnServer on: 8080.
server bindingAddress: nil.
adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor new.
adaptor server: server; configureDelegate; configureServerForBinaryReading.
adaptor start.
wsServer := ZnServer on: 8081.
wsServer bindingAddress: nil.
wsServer delegate: (ZnWebSocketDelegate map: 'ws' to: GptWsHandler new).

> POST /gpt-api/v1/events HTTP/1.1

* upload completely sent off: 162 out of 162 b
< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
< Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 19:02:54 GMT
< Server: Zinc HTTP Components 1.0
<
Internal Error: receiver of "delegate" is nil

If I start the server like this:
ZnZincServerAdaptor  stop.
ZnServer stopDefault.
ZnZincServerAdaptor  startOn: 8080.
ZnServer startDefaultOn: 8081.
ZnServer default
delegate: (ZnWebSocketDelegate map: 'store-status' to:
GptStoreStatusHandler new).

Everything works perfectly.

I'm bounding the server to nil, because bounding to localhost worked
but I need to find a workaround to reach the Seaside /config app
externally from the nginx.

Clues?