[Seaside] bad request

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Sun Dec 29 06:36:42 UTC 2013

>> Made another change - WADispatcher now reponds with bad request.
>
> IMHO dipsatcher is the wrong place to do this. WADispatcher is just a
> request handler that delegates to other request handlers. There is no
> requirement that you have a dispatcher in the handler chain (it is the
> default though).

Ok, yes, you're right.

> Sorry for being so negative. I understand you're trying to fix an
> important issue for you and I'm just responding with "I don't like it"
> and don't really have a better solution myself.

No problem. I'm arguing for alternatives because I want to test if
they can work. So thanks for the responses and the patience.

I think that this should not only be an important issue for me, but
for other users if Seaside too. And that is because I believe that we
should work out ways for the framework to handle errors in a
consistent way. Well, it is not the end of the world when the user of
the application get a crude response for a bad request, or for a 'not
found', but could be better.

Thanks
Otto