[Seaside] adding profiling to GemStone

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Tue Dec 31 14:03:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I want to reuse the current Seaside-Pharo-Development-Core-Profiler
classes in GemStone. So I moved the general classes to
Seaside-Development-Core-Profiler and created a hook that implements
Pharo and GemStone specific profiling in
Seaside-Pharo-Development-Core-Profiler and
Seaside-GemStone-Core-Profiler respectively.

I made some changes in Seaside-Development and
Seaside-Pharo-Development here: https://github.com/finworks/Seaside30.

Is this change helpful for Seaside?

The GemStone version is simplistic at the moment; I'm really battling
to get it to work in GemStone. My problem is that the block being
profiled does not return; the response notification seem to block in
GemStone and does not return in #handleFiltered:. I would like to
incorporate ProfMonitor, but I'm not even getting as far as measuring
the time it took to execute #handleFiltered:.

Does anyone have an idea how I can profile seaside requests in GemStone?

Thanks
Otto