[Seaside] Re: WA Authentication

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Wed Feb 13 10:51:05 UTC 2013

On 13 Feb 2013, at 06:24, "Sean P. DeNigris" <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> Thanks for the patch, I uploaded it
>
> Great! Thanks for acting so quickly
>

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> the squeak source repository is open to all
>
> Okay, good to know
>

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> Did you mention in your original bug report that you were using
>> ZnSeasideStaticServerAdaptorDelegate ?
>
> No, I didn't realize it was a Zinc problem until I stepped through the code
> in both 1.4 and 2.0 and saw the difference. I used ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor
> per your load script at
> http://forum.world.st/Seaside-3-1-on-Pharo-2-0-td4645550.html

Indeed, my bad: I can't imagine why I added ZnSeasideStaticServerAdaptorDelegate there as default. Anyway, the technique used in its #handleRequest: is not good enough for production use, as you discovered (but also fixed). The worse thing is: you generally use a static server to take load off the Seaside machinery, but if you let every static request first fail on Seaside, you gain little to no performance. Paul wrote this adaptor as a tool to use during development, serving static resources from a directory with little to no configuration. For production deploys, there are other techniques.