[Seaside] Making seaside load in Squeak again.

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 08:42:56 UTC 2013

Hey Seasiders

I am trying to prepare a stable Seaside Image for Squeak 4.4
and just tried loading via the Metacello configuration
(Like this:

Installer ss
	project: 'MetacelloRepository';
	install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project) version: #stable) load

)

This fails, as there is a dependency on Zinc #stable in
#squeakCommon. Also, I think it is worthwhile to add WebCilent
to the Adaptors for, at least, Squeak, if not Pharo, too.

I have seen that there is progress for that in the Seaside31 repository,
especially for the 3.1 version of Seaside.

1: Would anyone object if I changed the ConfigurationOfSeaside in
the MetacelloRepository to make Seaside load on Squeak (4.4) again?
2: What about me backporting the inclusion of WebClient from the 3.1
config to the 3.0.7 one?
3: Should I increase the patch revision for Seaside?

Best
	-Tobias