Fwd: [Seaside] Making seaside load in Squeak again.

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 13:29:46 UTC 2013

Hi again Seasiders

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

> Von: Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de>
> Betreff: [Seaside] Making seaside load in Squeak again.
> Datum: 26. Februar 2013 09:42:56 MEZ
> An: Seaside - general discussion <seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> Kopie: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> Antwort an: Seaside - general discussion <seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>
> Hey Seasiders
>
> I am trying to prepare a stable Seaside Image for Squeak 4.4
> and just tried loading via the Metacello configuration
> (Like this:
>
> Installer ss
> 	project: 'MetacelloRepository';
> 	install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project) version: #stable) load
>
> )
>
> This fails, as there is a dependency on Zinc #stable in
> #squeakCommon. Also, I think it is worthwhile to add WebCilent
> to the Adaptors for, at least, Squeak, if not Pharo, too.
>
> I have seen that there is progress for that in the Seaside31 repository,
> especially for the 3.1 version of Seaside.

In my effort to see what I can do I succeeded in
Running Seaside 3.1 atop Squeak 4.4 (I needed to bring an interim Grease 1.1.1 version for that)

You load  [1]
	http://netshed.de/seaside/ConfigurationOfGrease-topa.191.mcz
	http://netshed.de/seaside/ConfigurationOfSeaside30-topa.415.mcz
and then you can DoIt

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version: '3.1.0') load: #(Development OmniBrowser Swazoo WebClient Welcome).
(Smalltalk at: #WAServerAdaptorBrowser) open

in a fresh Squeak4.4-12327.
(Then rightclick in the Seaside Control Panel and 'Add adaptor', a WebServer Adaptor,
which uses WebClient. Then go to localhost:8080 and be happy.)

Now I will try to work on Seaside 3.0.

To any Seaside dev, please consider merging my versions :)
<<

Best
	-Tobias

[1] this is no MC repo, I just don't have access to the Seaside Repos and didn't want to pollute
    any MetacelloRepository.