[Seaside] my site is completely dead..

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:01:04 UTC 2013

it depends on many things... as Sebastian said, nothing in the earth runs forever, but you can achieve some stability anyway :)

first I would check your Pharo version and VM version, to ensure you are using a stable one.
second, RFB server (vnc server) is known for hang your image time to time (some sockets stays alive when they shouldn't and that is consuming your resources until nothing works :( ). Someone should fix that, but is obviously not so easy, otherwise it would be fixed by now.

what else? ensure your image is being persisted and backed up regularly, and add a monitoring process...

Esteban

ps: is not that it should hang each day... I have pier images running that hangs once a year or even less... but eventually it will :)